1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

collision video: Ady Gil vs Japanese vessel

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ken1784, Jan 9, 2010.

1. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My feeling is somewhat different.
    I believe a ship can't go straight on such stormy weather.
    Seeing the first video, I think it is impossible to ram into Ady Gil by the Japanese vessel on such a wide angle.
    To aviod the collision, I believe it is easy to throttle in reverse by Ady Gil because she was idling.
    My feeling is the Sea Shepard people are reckless.

Ken@Japan

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I suppose a couple hundred years ago these people would be attacking the slave ships crossing the Atlantic. Unless that ship was a Royal Navy submarine flying a pirate flag pretty much identifies which side they're on.

Maybe they should buy some surplus submarines so they can do some real damage.

3. Tom183

Tom183 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's funny seeing people get all up in arms about the "right" and "wrong" of this particular incident (and other)...

The world's 2nd-largest economy doesn't need to hunt an endangered species for food - so they deserve to be f*cked with.

4. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

Looks to me that the spray from the high pressure hose made it difficult for the Ady Gil to see where the whaling vessel was and was going. So, I say the wahling vessel is complicent in the collisions. And if the Ady Gil did throttle up, it could have easily been due to lack of true situational awareness CAUSED by the high pressure hose.