1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Collision work advice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by APAT, Feb 25, 2013.

1. APAT

APAT New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a side impact and the driver side of my car is damaged. I had only liability and it has been determined its my fault so am left to I need to fix this myself.

I'm planning to buy used doors and seats for the car.

I contacted one of the guys who does mobile collision repair and he suggested that he would be able to pull the center post out and smooth it out with a compound or epoxy like substance. His offer is very tempting as it saved me lot of $$$'s . Though his suggestion has been contrary to what the reputed body shops have suggested about cutting the T section and welding it with a new part.

After researching online I'm even more confused... I would appreciate any suggestion.. advice...etc....

Thanks..

[​IMG]

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That B-pillar is very important to the vehicle's structural integrity. I think the safety of your car may be impaired (in the event of another side-impact or rollover accident) if you do not replace it with a new part as suggested by your body shop.

3. APAT

APAT New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Adding another picture of the damage.

Attached Files: