1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Colorado Going Smoke Free! Awesome!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by naterprius, Mar 19, 2006.

1. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 6 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]235840[/snapback]</div>
    The problem with using one example or a few people as examples of what is or isn't harmful/helpful is that you can always find people that aren't harmed or killed when participating in a very dangerous activity. Like people falling out of 20 foot trees with only a scratch or walking away from a high speed vehicle accident. Using that one person or group of people as an excuse to participate in an activity that we know has a high probability of leading to cancer or other serious medical issues is just rationalizing their behavior.

IMO, it boils down that smoking can have direct negative consequences to those that don't smoke through secondhand smoke. We all know that alcohol is harmful, but in general, it is only when it puts others at risk for harm (i.e. driving under the influence) that it is outlawed.

2. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do you think smokers are more likely to be republicans or democrats?

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Apr 6 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]236011[/snapback]</div>
    LOL, thats a strange question, " I say both". Yes I smoke, but I dont inhale. thanks Bill.. LOL

micheal: Very good reply!

I would have to agree except as with drinking things done in modration tend to have less the negitive effects.

Next thing will be that smoking has been found to affect the ozone layer negitively.. :lol:

But the thread makes for entertaining reading, (starting to beat the horse) ;)

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Apr 6 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]236011[/snapback]</div>
    probably about even.