1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Colorado Prius owners

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Calum G, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Calum G

Calum G New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So I just got my plates for my new 2015 Prius c-2 and they gave me a ev sticker/ tag that goes in the upper right hand (pasangerside) front window. Does anyone know why I have to have this sticker? He never told me the reason.

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is a mistake by your DMV. If you got charged the EV fee, then you might want to exchange that sticker for your money back.

That sticker is meant for real EV's which the Prius is not. Then when you park in "EV Only" parking spaces, the patrolling cops who know nothing about ICE vs. PHEV vs. BEV see the sticker and you don't get a ticket.

I got one with my Leaf registration, but never applied it since we have no public chargers where that would help, and I hate stickers on my car.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and if they did recognize it was not an ev, they would probably blame you.

4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I say keep it, install it and plead ignorant if you ever get called on it. When provided, EV ONLY parking spaces are always so much closer. ;)

5. 2k1Toaster

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Although be warned some people have been towed (heard through the grapevine) with even legit EV's in the EV-Only CO parking when parked and not charging for a prolonged period. Since you can't plug in your vehicle, I assume you will get even less of a grace period...

6. Calum G

Calum G New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks guys this helped, I didn't know because I don't live in a big town and we dont have the ev parking.

7. 2k1Toaster

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Even Colorado Springs has 0 of these parking spaces. There are EV only parking, but in plazas and things where this sign isn't used. It is only used on city/state property essentially, like parking on the street I guess.