1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Colors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cyclesome, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Stocky

Stocky New Member

I can confirm that Red Mica Metallic in NZ is in fact 3Q3 - identical to Salsa Red in the US.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is really odd then. Salsa Red is a pearl finish on ours, why would it be of a mica/metallic finish in NZ (esp. if the colour code's the same)

3. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Stocky, I'm so pleased that you have named your Prius after all of us on PriusChat. It shows us the high degree you value our sage advice and , yes, sometimes but not often, our absolutely clever sense of humour.
    I salute you, sir. :birthday2: Did I push the wrong button? I hope it wasn't "you".

4. Stocky

Stocky New Member

Ah well, I guess someone thinks it looks "metallic", just like someone thought "Tideland" was green. We all know that we (Prius owners) are EXTREMELY discerning people, who are wonderfully warm, good natured and self confessed geniuses, so lets forgive them their colour blindness and agree that ALL the colours are the same the world over, just called different things. Color - colour - schmolor

The only thing for me is that "Salsa Pearl" or "Merlot" sounds sooooooo much better.

Actually, on a personal note, becoming a Prius owner is sort of like joining a family with all you proud Mums & Dads out there. I feel quite honoured that my baby is due, so much so that I think I will go and get some photos of her "birth" before she gets all cleaned up. Document her life so to speak

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I actually prefer the name Regency Red over Salsa Red :p

6. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

If the color were called "Merlot" alot of brainless drones would insist on getting Pinot Noir instead.

7. Stocky

Stocky New Member

Hey Tideland Prius & Potential Buyer, good one - LOL

Very very English that one, old chap!!!

The Aussie one, "Merlot" is named after a wine and that is typical of an Aussie. Hey, before someone gets up in arms over that comment, I am from Melbourne!!

NZ? Well, what do you call the place where you can stand looking at 360 degrees of the most awesome and mind blowing scenery you have ever seen in the world?

Here we call it "Lookout" so I guess the thought is - why call a red car anything other than "red"?

Dang - it might have the be Regecny Salsa with a fine drop of Merlot - Red!!!! Or the Red formerly known as 3Q3

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi Stocky,

[What we have here is a failure to communicate]

I have nothing against your Username. It is a very nice Username.
    I also have nothing against your Avitar. It is a nice Avitar . . . Salsa Red and all.

What I am contending is your use of Sufferin' Prius Envy in your signature.
    You are signing your posts with my Username, which happens to be . . . . Sufferin' Prius Envy.

You are (hopefully unintentionally) being an identity thief.

Stop and I will be a nice boy and double your PriusChat points.
    [OK everyone else, this isn’t an open invitation to pile on to his points so I have to drain my account]
    20 points max.

9. wilco

wilco New Member

SPE,

It looks like he's doing the "you" trick in his signature. I suspect it isn't intentional.

10. Stocky

Stocky New Member

Eeeeek, gasp!!!!!

A thousand million humble apologies my dear sir, I had NO idea that I was doing that. I thought I had found something quite cool and thought if I decided to change my username, my signature would change with it.

I had no idea that it was showing the reader's signature (when I read it, it shows "Stocky" of course)

The offending "you" siggy is now gone - NEVER to return again - LOL

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Dang! (I knew about the “YOU†command but didn’t check it as Anonymous)
    And Double Dang! (I fell for it and responded anyway . . . even mentioning the “YOU†command)
    No, Wait . . . Triple Dang!!! (Just for the heck of it I tried to donate a negative 11 PriusChat points and it gave him +11 . . . Oh well, he got me. :oops: But if he keeps it up he is going to get a bunch of private messages from mad/confused PriusChatters . . . I know first hand) :mrgreen:

12. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Keep the points . . . I think it's funny.

13. Stocky

Stocky New Member

SPE

As you can see I have only has 23 posts. I am very cognisant of chat protocol and believe me that was unintentional (HORROR).

I am still not sure what you are talking about re the points but it sounds like I should be thanking you. I better go find some help and do a bit of reading. I would have done it prior to joining but the dealer "loaned" me the Prius manual and you can guess the rest.

Tsk tsk for trying to add -11 points, but you are forgiven for adding 11 - I see I have 23, this is good?

14. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Yes 23 is good. It is approximately 4.5% better than 22.

Don’t worry. I’m not that malicious. I would have returned the 11 points if it would have erased them. It would have been funny if there was a flaw which allowed us to erase other’s points. :wink: