1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Combination meter ( instrument cluster issue)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jojo9213, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Jojo9213

Jojo9213 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Ok ive posted before about the CM issue but forgot to add that on my 08 prius for some werid reason the CM actually Turns ON when it is really really hot out w the sun out. When i turn the car on. Dont understand this just want to make sure i dont replace the CM with a new one well rebuilt one or w.e and then my problem lies elsewhere and for some reason the heat makes it work?? Any suggestions? Thanks to all

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    exploratory surgery? find something loose that only works when it's hot enough to make the connection? I read something about this many years ago, don't remember what they did or whether it was the CM or MFD. But if you use Google search on this website you might find it?

Jojo9213 likes this.
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't worry about the problem lying elsewhere, it is definitely in the CM, but your observation in regards to the temperature is spot on. With higher temps the CM works (less intermittently), as the temperature gets cooler the CM get more intermittent to down right full on failure.

Go ahead and swap out that CM with a repaired one and call it done.

Jojo9213 and PriusCamper like this.
  4. Jojo9213

Jojo9213 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thank u guys i am replacing it this week i am also thinking of buying a prolonger for the HV battery no warning signs yet but I hear horror storys of 10 year old prius w high milage failing due to HV battery. Will update. Thanks all

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?

have you tested the 12v?