1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coming Soon: Obama Admin CO2 reduction plan

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by wjtracy, Aug 30, 2013.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    First off Cuccinelli from outside of Virginia looks like a giant tool, forgive my frankness.

The obama/EPA new regulations seem to be set to help close down the oldest most polluting coal power plants. Even in West Virginia, the prime coal state, the majority of the public is in favor of some of this. You would not hear that from the lobbyists IMHO in virgina higher taxes for global warming won't sell. It doesn't even sell with me and I understand the scientific support. The problem is virginians cutting coal use is unlikely to have an impact with china increasing their use.

The lets stop mountain top mining and lets close down the dirtiest coal is likely a winner in virgina. If it moves to lets tax coal to stop global warming its a political loser. You can definitely attack Cuccinelli for spending so much of virginia's money fighting science on climate change, and his fixation with it.

IMHO, McAuliffe is also a flawed candidate, but he should not use political expediency to hide a good position to use less coal. That can be a political winner. I would pick on him for other positions.

3. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looks like terry is in a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't position. The "climate change denier" rhetoric ranks right up there with gun rhetoric, abortion rhetoric etc. All these guys have done is sling piss at each other this whole time. The first candidate that rises above the other and actually campaigns on issues that matter will probably win the election, but neither of them will do that. Yet...

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    One of the biggies in anti-freedom from Cuccinelli was trying to make it hard for people in virginia to get birth control. I can't see how you can claim you want to protect peoples right to pollute, but think government has a big place in private individuals bedrooms. I see that he reversed this position 2 days ago.

McAuliffe’s problems with government and green have more to do with sucking at the public teat and using political connections to get people visas.
    Terry McAuliffe’s former car company is signaling problems in his Virginia governor’s race - Washington Post
    We have teedle dumb and tweedle dumber. The hypocracy was probably worse in california when I lived there. Here in texas we have an awful governor, but voters think the democrats have run people even worse against him. Luckily he is voluntarily leaving office after this term.

5. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Both parties have become so corrupt, crony and hypocritical that there is no such thing as "the lesser of two evils" anymore as both choice have become equally as bad.

austingreen likes this.
  6. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What always strikes me as fascinating, is how these politicians have conditioned society, the same way Pavlov conditioned his dog. Instead of ringing a bell, politicians use one of two phrases. You are either conducting a "war on ____" or you are a "____ denier". This article actually uses these phrases at least 3 times.

Politicians and the media have gotten so good at this, that all they have to do is use one or both of these phrases and they will have the sheep fighting amongst themselves over some meaningless issue, while they reach around and grab your wallet.