Common 2G Problems, and What to Do About Them...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Patrick Wong, Mar 6, 2009.

1. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Well, I should add that there are a couple electrical connectors to unplug and I think you'll want to pop off the buttons on the armrest. That'll make it possible to set the panel aside out of the way.

2. RebL

RebL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "new" Gen 2 problem: catalytic converter theft
    Apparently this has been going on for a few years. Recent rash of thefts in Durham NC included my daughter's 2009 Touring (formerly mine), cat stolen overnight Tuesday night right in front of her apartment building. Gah. Possible solution: $300 shield, or having the cat welded to the frame. No idea if the former is bad in states using road salt

3. Warcat

Warcat New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have a failed TPS sensor, the low tire pressure indicator light will flash a few times before becoming steady. Also, if you need to replace one sensor, you might as well replace them all as the others will go bad shortly. It's actually the battery that goes out, but not much you can do about it as they are soldered in. It cost me about $240 to replace all of mine.