1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Comparing drive mode effects on exhaust tone

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by jpep11, Oct 5, 2017.

1. jpep11

jpep11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Obviously the drive mode changes the throttle response in the Prius Prime, but after watching some other videos about sports cars and how the drive modes change the exhaust tones, I was curious about the Prius Prime, so I decided to see for myself.

I'm still trying to find out what people like to see for YouTube videos regarding the Prius Prime, so I decided to try making it a little entertaining at the same time.

Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    love the 'growl'.:p

3. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nice video. Is it possible to do a video on how to do the Air Conditioner filter replacement or the cabin filter replacement. I saw in the book that it is located in a crazy spot i.e., underneath the seat....

4. jpep11

jpep11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hey Sid, I'll take a look into that tomorrow, if I don't change it, I'll at least try getting a video of how one would attempt to getting at it.

The past two services the Toyota dealer told me I would be needing a new one soon, and my Prime is approaching 25,000 miles so it'd be good to know how difficult it is before I decide whether or not I want to tackle it myself or have the dealer do it.

5. jpep11

jpep11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hey Sid, just created a new thread and posted a video about this, thanks for the idea, it was good that I checked mine too, it was getting pretty dirty, I'm going to get a new one now.