1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Comparing Prius Five trim vs. Prius Four Solar Pkg

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cupidchild, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cupidchild

cupidchild Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    After having 2010 Prius four solar moon roof pkg then going to 2012 Prius Five Advance Technology Pkg & PPP.
    I have to say I miss my sunroof!

HUD - its so small! The HUD in Corvette is so much big and better.
    HUD is so small and its really useless. I rather have the other useless feature of auto-parking assist.

I do not know why Toyota gave option to add Sunroof at cost of loosing MPG IF the owners wanted it.

LKA/DRCC - lane assist is not awesome.. car will go out of lane and then just beep.. it "TRIES" to stay in lane but eventually you will go out of lane and then when it tries to compensate by going to the other side; you car will be driving like - as if you were a drunk driver.
    And the most annoy park of LKA (Lane Assist) is that when you have it enabled, you main display is gone - its shows the lame LKA screen which is just two lines. There is NO Way to get out of this screen unless you disable LKA. Very annoying..... and bad engineering.

Daylight LED lights is kool, not sure if Prius four gets that or not. Also Fog light is okay if they had made it HID or LED. But they went cheap and its just normal bulb which looks very yellow compared to our headlights. And on top of that - to change the bulb you have the unscrew the entire bottom of the bumper to get to it.

If I had to make the purchase -- I probably would have gone with Prius Four Solar pkg & PPP.

Feel free to comment.
    thx

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm guessing the added weight of the sunroof and 17" wheels would've meant not hitting 50 mpg combined. Being able to say 50 mpg was probably viewed as a big marketing plus.

From The Truth About EPA City / Highway MPG Estimates - - Car and Driver

Most Obscure Gen III Facts (way out there) | Page 5 | PriusChat also had an interesting tidbit.

BTW, if you want to read more about the EPA tests, see Car and Driver: The Truth About EPA City / Highway MPG Estimates | PriusChat.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    This has been hashed MANY times - the total weight limit of the platform would be exceeded by adding the 62lb Solar Roof equipment with the balance of the equipment in the Prius five. Thread closed since there's many others just like it.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Simple solution - buy from Canada. Our Tech Pack seems to have what you want - No LKA, no HUD and adds SR. However, you give up the LED headlights, headlight washers and fogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.