1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

comparison car feature

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by novaz, Aug 22, 2017.

1. novaz

novaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I set my screen to compare my vehicle with another getting 55mpg I see two car icons that have ..03 on mine and .05 on the comparison vehicle what do these numbers equate to on a 27 mile trip my vehicle icon went down to .02 but no lower I normaly get around 68 mpg so I would expect the savings to be higher that the .30 shown my average speed is 50mph
    Thanks for any help

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    That's using the price of gas that you input when you filled your tank, vs the 55 mpg vehicle. 27 miles and saving $.30 over that 55mpg vehicle is actually pretty dang good.

3. novaz

novaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----

Ok thanks looks like I have the feature set up correctly

4. novaz

novaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So today I set my comparison car at 60mpg and over the same route I managed to beat it by .20c so looks like my usual readings of 65+/-mpg
    om my ECO score are fairly accurate though that does include deducting 4 mpg as the computer is usually a bit on the happy side.

ztanos likes this.
  5. PrincePrius84

PrincePrius84 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's a good feature to know about, I was kind of wondering about it, as I traded up in mpg from a 13 Camry SE 4 to a 17 Prius C Two. Would be interested in finding out how much I save as I live in the DFW area. Btw I'm extremely excited about owning my first Prius, always wanted one, now I finally got one ❤️

6. novaz

novaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So for the last two weeks I have had my comparison car set at 65 mpg and my usual trip to town being 2 miles off road and 25 high way I am usually getting 66-68 on the computer real world refills are averaging 64-65 so I think that's maybe the best I can get at present I am thinking of increasing the tire pressures to 42/42 to see if that increases mpg any further

7. novaz

novaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    well tried 42/42 and no real difference I do see a regular better mileage not using CC though its usually only 2-3 mpg per the computer