1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Compass!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by cornflakes, Apr 15, 2012.

1. cornflakes

cornflakes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    So I'm very happy with my Prius C 3, lots of little complaints here and there, but one thing I can't believe they left out is a compass!

Even in the navigation system, there's no easy way of telling what direction you're facing unless you switch to "2D always north" setting.

And I really don't feel like sticking one of those little globe thingies (so 1980's) on the dash...!

Maybe they can add an Entune app for that in the future? LOL...

2. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i never found much use for a compass in a car that shows me what direction i'm going with just a letter.

i'm fine with looking at my current navigation system... and the ones that come in the package 3/4.

a compass really isn't much needed.. so why put one in?

3. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Also, if you MUST have one, you can look at the mito mirrors with combinations of temperature, backup cameras, auto dimmers, compasses and so on.

4. Logical

Logical Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    i installed an aftermarket homelink mirror, it has a compass in the display. never had one before still getting use to it.

5. ThatTallGuy

ThatTallGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I use a Garmin in my current car. I prefer the "2D top is north" setting for that very reason -- it gives me a better idea where I am in the world.

That said, I did have to switch to the 3D setting once recently: a trip to NYC. I got pretty turned around, didn't have a clue where I was -- the very definition of lost, right? But I did end up in the right place. :D :bolt: