1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Compatible Bluetooth cell phones

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nmmmillw, May 11, 2005.

1. nmmmillw

nmmmillw New Member

I use Verizon and they only have 2 bluetooth phones, Motorola V710 and Audiovox XV6600. Does anyone know if these phones are compatible with the Prius bluetooth. Toyata was not able to help me.

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

n,

Welcome to PriusChat! The short answers are "I don't know" for the Audiovox XV6600 and "yes" for the Motorola V710. And of course, However...

There was recently a software update for that Motorola phone that mostly made things better and turned off one feature of the phone for Verizon customers. I'm mentioning the change because when you search PriusChat for information about this phone (and you should), you need to separate the old complaints from the new information (and complaints).

The remaining complaints seem to be of the "I have to transfer phone numbers to the Prius one by one" and "I can't dial while driving" variety.

Hope this helps. I use Verizon Wireless too and my preference is for a phone with a good speakerphone setup that works by putting the phone in the cupholder, with direct control of the phone when it is safe.

3. madams

madams New Member

Hey Jim,

Martin here, ( The guy that brought 4 Prii to the Weber Grill meet up)

What was the software update about? I can't transfer phonebook with the V710. Did I miss something???? I picked up my V710 2 days ago and everything works except the 'ring' and phonebooks.

Martin

4. jdsilver

jdsilver New Member

There has been some success with the Verizon version of the Audiovox 6600 PDA/Phone. One gotcha is the PDA will reformat your phone numbers to include the ( ) around the area code, which confuses the Prius. The 'fix' is to temporarily switch the phone to a country/region of Estonia, enter the contact numbers, then send them to the Prius before switching back to your real country. Somebody stayed up late figuring that one out!

There might be problems placing calls using quick dial from the Prius to the 6600. Take a look at PDAPhonehome.com for more details. Although I own the 6600 form Telus in the Great White North, I'm still waiting for my Prius to arrive from Japan. End of July, they hope.

5. nmmmillw

nmmmillw New Member

Thanks for the info everyone. Now I just have to sit on the waiting list for my Prius to turn up!

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Martin,

If you just got your V710 a couple of days ago, it should have the latest software version. The latest is 8700_01.40.0R. Your S/W Version is located in the "Other Information" screen which, in turn, is located in the "Phone Info" section.

Transferring the phonebook is still not possible with the Prius (or any BT-enabled Toyota product) but your V710 should ring if it has the latest software version.......not through the car's speakers, though.

7. wb9gpi

wb9gpi New Member

Does anyone know if the LG PM-325 (Sprint Service) Bluetooth will integrate okay with a 2004 Prius? Many thanks for any info!

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The Sprint LG PM-325 works with the Prius, but not all the features are enabled. There is extensive discussion of this phone in the Audio & Electronics forum (where this thread belongs).

9. danjakle

danjakle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nmmmillw @ May 11 2005, 12:03 PM) [snapback]88676[/snapback]</div>
    I suspect that the Audiovox 6600 IS compatible with the Prius. I had a 6700 and it linked fine. It also linked with my laptop just fine. Then I sent it back thinking that I would not use al the capability of the 6700 and that any bluetooth cell phone would be fine - MISTAKE.

Since then I bought a 6700 on eBay. This piece of crap does neither. Verizon is very limited when it comes to Prius linked cell phones. It is for this reason that I'm going to Cingular where there is a plethera of phones that talk to the Prius. I have bought a Blackberry 8800 from Amazon (much better deal than from Cingular, but on a Cingular plan). The phone cost me $149. When I added a skin cover and lambswool holster, it came to about $210 with tax. We'll see how it works. It's due to arrive in a week.