1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Compatible Prius Navigation DVDs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by toyoprius, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Garsen

Garsen New Member

me too.

2. cruisin

cruisin New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  3. Leftysloft

Leftysloft New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just now read about the need for 5.1 disk. I bought one on ebay a few years ago to replace my 4.1 (05 prius (gen 4)). I am not ready to part with it because I have only now begun to look for an upgrade. I have two options.
    1) maybe there is some way to extract a file from it and sent you the file???
    2) wait til I have 7.1 I can maybe offset my upgrade cost.

I need to pull it out to get the numbers, but it's late. I'll do it tomorrow.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Leftysloft, welcome to PC,
    1) You need to indicate who you are responding to when you offer up a software file (if that's even legal ... software is protected by international/intelectual property law)

2) Buying 7.1 disk may cause 'issues' ... if you've read the entire thread. For example, if you use your over ride function, it will go away.

If you legally own both an old & new disk ... the v6.1 disk is the newest available that still permits marrying of old loading file to new map data.

5. Stoneyconn

Stoneyconn New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I searched on the part number that has shown up in many of the threads. I found this part number for $139 and it is an E-Bay address they have 5 left at the moment. E Bay Listing #2703366969961
    It is a Lexus dealer part but on the bottom of the listing is specifies for 2004-2005 Prius. I haven't gotten the part yet but will post when I do. Hope this helps

Sorry the forum won't let me post the link directly yet.

6. HiHoStevo

HiHoStevo Airport Bum

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmmm

I found a Toyota/Lexus Nav disc on Ebay that claimed it was for the Gen 4 Nav Systems (which they said my '05 Prius has).

When the disc arrived I loaded the disc with the car in the "ready" state and watched the bar move across as the data was loaded.

This disc has the number U23 (the one that came out of my car is U20), however after loading I still have the "I Agree" screen (I thought that was supposed to go away) and what is really annoying is that my street is still not in the database.... even though my house was built ~7 years ago!

7. DFWPrius2009

DFWPrius2009 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2009 says its version 8.1

8. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't think you can go by the "U" number. What's the numeric version (6.1, 7.1, 8.1, etc?)

9. ChrisBell

ChrisBell New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just brought over my 2007 Prius from Germany. Any idea which US navigation DVD will work with my european car. Toyota was not able to help. I tried allready some discs at the Toyota dealership but none worked. What about Lexus discs and how can I find out which of the mentioned ones above might work. I really need help, because I paid a lot of money to have the integrated navigation and now I am driving around with an aditional one stuck on my windscreen.

PS: the price almost doesn't matter...

10. Raven Maniac

Raven Maniac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This thread is, IMHO, the best possible place to start looking for compatible upgrade discs.

I read all the pages of this thread several times, and copied down many of the disc part numbers (special thanks to toyoprius who started this thread with such a good first draft of the list). Then, I went shopping.

I decided to do a modest/economy upgrade, and I found one that was low-cost and three years less out-of-date than my original disc (v4.2, which came in my early 2005 Prius). I recently found a seller with several of these discs available cheap: v7.1 86271-33047 U22 and I bought one for $75 with free shipping. What I received instead was not exactly the same as what was advertised: v7.1 86271-53022 U22. I wrote back to the seller about the substitution, and he assured me that it was compatible and would work. So, I installed it, and it seems to work fine & be everything I expect it to be. Anybody have any idea about why the last five digits are different on these two v7.1 upgrade discs? [Possible reason: He is a Lexus dealer, maybe it is the exact same disc with a different part number just because (maybe) it was intended for a Lexus instead of a Toyota? The disc says 'Toyota' on the left, and looks exactly like every other Toyota nav DVD that I've seen.]

Also, as I expected, I lost the override on the nav functions that gray out when in motion. I went to Coastal and ordered a 'basic lockpick 1' which, the website explains, is now a new-and-improved 'basic lockpick 1b v.2'. It was $99 plus s/h, and they promise that (a) it will work to restore the override on the 04-05 Prius, and (b) it is compatible with 'all versions of Toyota/Lexus mapping software!' [Their exclamation point, not mine.] I'll post again when I get it. Anybody else have any experience with this gadget?

11. dfshea

dfshea New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am curious, how did the "basic lockpic" work....i was researching and want to know if this is a good purchase.

12. David P. Howard

David P. Howard Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello,

I have a 2008 Prius with SKS and factory NAV. I have the DVD version U32, and I went and purchased the U91 DVD, thinking it would work. I get the cannot read DVD, take it to a dealer message when I try and boot to it. I have unplugged the DVD to get it to try and update my system from the new disc, it just never reads it. I dread going to the dealer, and I wonder what I can do myself? Is this the DVD I need to update from version 7.1 of the software on a GEN-5 nav system?

UPDATE:::
    I called Carson Toyota, and Jose, the parts guy, told me I have the Gen-6 version 11 DVD, not the Gen-5. I order the Gen-5 latest version 11.1 Nov 2011 DVD for $155, inc. shipping, and I will install that once it gets here. My dealership here wanted $255 for the same part... :(
    Thanks,

David