1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Compatible Smart Phone

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by upnorth, Mar 26, 2017.

1. upnorth

upnorth Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Expecting delivery of a Prius Prime Advanced before the end of May and wanted to see if my phone would support all Prime functions. Toyota has a .pdf list of smart phones updated Jan 2017 at the Toyota site (sorry I cant post a link yet but I bet you can fill in the slashes and dot before the last pdf -- or do a search)

content entune responsive pdf EntunePhoneCompatibilityList pdf

Information for the 11.6" display with JBL starts on page 187 of the 203 page document.
    The document provides some detailed info about a lot of phones and list of compatible phones. There is a 2016 version of the list on line that shows up in a search but it contains no information for the Prius Prime. Jan 2017 version has Prime info.

I also contacted Ask Toyota and requested a list of fully compatible smart phones for the Prime Advanced and they sent me the following list:

LG V20 (LG-H910): AT&T
    Google Pixel (G-2PW4100): AT&T
    Google Pixel XL (G-2PW2100): Verizon
    Huawei Nexus 6P (H1511): T-Mobile
    LG Nexus 5X (LG-H790): Sprint

Ask Toyota noted they are testing more phones so this list should grow.

Unfortunately my current windows phone is of little use, at least for any Prime functions. Perhaps it will work as a straightforward Bluetooth phone...or maybe I could upgrade?

Thanks to everyone for all the great information shared on this site.

Toyota4Life likes this.
  2. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    LG V20 T MOBILE
    All Samsung smart phones
    Stay out of rotten apple
    LG G5
    Android Smartphones are way to go
    Trust me on this
    My BMW 760 is all Android platform

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Maybe that is the list that they have put through their tests and are willing to publicly certify, but in fact, I suspect the pretty much any Android smart phone will work fine. I have had various Motorola Droid phones, and they all worked fine with both my 2012 PiP and now my Prime. My understanding is that Apple phones are a bit problematic.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  4. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I had an iPhone 6 and it worked well with it, but sometimes the text messaging didn't work. I have an iPhone 7 now and everything works including text messaging. I had a Samsung droid phone about 6 years ago and that was total junk. Verizon gave me one phone that stopped turning on on the first day. Free replacement - also dead. Third one worked but not for long. Again, that was 6 years ago

5. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    so, which is it? you had a Samsung? or you had a Droid phone? Droid is made by Motorola not Samsung.:D

6. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Samsung Droid Charge, back when Samsungs DID make Droids. It had a nice sharp screen for the time, but that was all.:D verizon_b004xd1s4m-02lg.jpg

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  7. BlacksmithTB

BlacksmithTB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hmm, if cable my t-mo Nexus 6P into the usb in front of the center console, the Prime says my device is unrecognized... It certainly pairs up fine via BT, but you'd expect most recent phones to do that correctly. Ultimately I'd be a lot happier if Toyota just supported Carplay and Android Auto.