1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Compatible Smart phones for Prius Prime apps

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by upnorth, Jan 22, 2017.

1. upnorth

upnorth Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi I am a total newbie at all of this but here goes. I happily ordered a Prius Prime Advanced in early January and am trying to find out which specific smart phones are compatible with the Prime remote charging and climate apps. The dealer has been unable to help other then to note that the apps will work with "select" android and iPhones.
    For ATT phones the only compatible phone I found on the Toyota list is the iPhone 7. There seems to be a number of posts from folks who are having issues with remote climate and charging functions. Can anyone recommend a phone that works great with their Prius Prime apps? Perhaps a phone that also has built in Qi charging capability too?
    Thanks to everyone for this great resource.

2. Dmitriy Sokol

Dmitriy Sokol Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I've used iPhones 5 through 7Plus. All work well with the Entune remote service app. I cannot speak for Android-based phones. The app itself is minimalist and kind of lacking on features, but the basics work OK, for as long as your Prime is getting a mobile signal. When my Prime is parked in the garage, it cannot connect to Toyota servers and therefore cannot be operated via the app at all.