1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Complete Audio Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ajc, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Sheon

Sheon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Sweet thx man ya for sure yellow top
    Will be going in there I want some mcintosh amps for my highs and I'm thinking 2 power bass extreme 10s focal mids and highs or rainbow all around

Since u have no issues I'm really happy
    To hear that u can't wait for my prius to get here so I can throw my system in

Does the back glass make ur car slam really hard? Have u done a db test?

2. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you're worried about amp draw and I can't imagine the Mac amps are too power conservative, you may seriously consider getting something more in line with either the PDX line of Alpine amps or JL's HD line which is what Ive been running for almost a year and love it. They are tiny, pack a hell of a punch and being digital amps they sip power. Just my two cents.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, the hatchback design always helps increase bass response. Good luck with fixing rattles though. I'll tell you how to fix the license plate later. ;)

4. bshissias

bshissias New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: Complete Audio Upgrade - New FULL Install

Everything went well. I did make a few compromises. I decided to go with the Infinity Kappa Component in the front and the kappa coaxials in the doors. (Had these on hand) They said they couldn't flush mount the tweeters of either set, even the Polks, so I opted for the stock positions for the tweeters and just the coaxes for the rear doors. IT SOUNDS AWESOME! (probably not optimum, but I am totally ok with results) No problems with power draw and the Eclipse is sweet. I am so glad I decided to ixnae the whole Rosen vs FlyAudio decision and just stick to AUDIO quality. The JL XD400 sounds fabulous and the Basslink is superb. (I had almost this exact setup in my 2002 Highlander and it is still going strong BION!! (sis in law owns that vehicle now) It took me all of of about 90 seconds to set up my phone with the Bluetooth. (mic built in) Just gotta get the address book in there (later today) The changer works beautifully (I like have 8 discs of uncompressed audio) I haven't tried the usb connector yet, but plan on demoing later today with the Beatles Stereo USB. The hd radio tuner is really nice too. I wouldn't go so far that it is up to Sirius or XM quality but it is a vast improvement over regular FM without the monthly charges. AM is vastly improved. I also decided to get a remote starter put in. (this winter was very hard) I got the Viper 5901 2 way. It works perfect and is set up for 24 minutes run time. Just like previous posts have indicated, the car will shut off when you open the door. (A minor inconvenience. Hey you still had to put the key in the ignition on other vehicles. I just push the start button and we're off. I can't imagine that this is gonna make that much of a diff on my starter in the long run, anyway.) I thought the price for the starter was reasonable, too $599. It has great range and a nice screen. Dynamatting the doors fully has made the Prius much quieter, too. If anybody has any questions feel free to contact me, so I can pay it forward. I certainly benefitted from previous posts before embarking upon my Prius II Gen III audio upgrade. One more thing, the Scosche brackets were used from and rear and they worked GREAT!! Thanks.

5. octomobiki

octomobiki New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    which optima fits our car?

6. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Optima D51

This is where most of us buy them and the install kit to convert your terminals so they fit the new battery. eLearnAid.com

1 person likes this.
  7. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I'm glad it worked out for you and you are happy with the results. :)

8. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

How about some pictures? :D

9. bshissias

bshissias New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Good idea. It's been awhile since I stopped in. Will do!