1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Complete battery charge?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bobisshortforbobert, Dec 2, 2018.

1. bobisshortforbobert

bobisshortforbobert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently cleaned out the fan because it was making a strange clicking noise when operating at high speeds. By 'cleaning', yes I mean actually taking it out from under the seat. However when I started the car after doing this, the battery charged up to all 8 bars. Now I know these Toyota cars don't charge up to full, only 7/8 at highway speeds, and 8/8 when in 'B', but in my case, the car charged up when idling.

I don't see why cleaning the fan has something to do with this, but should I be concerned?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's incorrect. the battery indicator can go to full green in many circumstances, although you generally see mid blue most of the time except for specific types of driving.

you definitely didn't cause anything by cleaning the fan, but i would keep an eye on the battery indicator and fan level sound.
    how many km on her?

3. bobisshortforbobert

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    78,000 km ~ 48,000 miles. Realistically, if the fan isn't working, I should get a warning right?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, but i'm not sure if it would come from the fan not working, or the battery overheating, which would be a bad thing.
    if you cannot hear ir, put a tissue on the grille to see if it holds

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. bobisshortforbobert

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    I checked the car, and the fan is working fine. First time hybrid owner here so got freaked out by the sudden overcharging. And the clicking sound is also gone.

ztanos, Raytheeagle and bisco like this.