1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Completely disassembling the center console

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CookieGuru, Mar 9, 2012.

1. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The former owner of my '07 spilled coffee inside the center console and cup holders. I got the cup holders out and cleaned no problem (they're still scratched, but no longer dirty), I'm having trouble with the center console. I managed to get the console removed without too much difficulty, but I've been unable to separate the black inner piece from the gray outer shell. It's stuck on the corner, upper right here:

[​IMG]

I can pull with a moderate amount of force and it doesn't budge. I don't want to pull too hard because I want this to go back together :)

The sides come up fairly easily but again are caught in the corner. I noticed these clips that appear to be identical to the ones for the cup holder:

[​IMG]

But pulling back on the rear cup holder doesn't want to take these out. I see there are four screws (two visible at the top of the second picture, out of focus) but I can't get to them. Should I try harder or is there a different way to take this apart?

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    The rear cup holder assembly pulls up off the console. Then you can get at two bolts there.

1 person likes this.
  3. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That was the key phrase there. Googled that, found this and one of the pictures showed me exactly what I was taking off. Took quite a bit of force and some coaxing the clips out, but it's finally out, thanks!