1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Condi Rice has cool calm nerves of steel...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Oct 25, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wrmMSjOjfg

Clip features a anti war protester approaching her before a public briefing. I give her kudos for not even flinching.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool as she could be, indeed.
    What pisses me off is these idiot war protestors just make a mockery of the whole situation. I think the war deserves some civil protest, but buffoonery like that does nothing but set the cause back. War/Bush supporters point to idiots like that as an example of the mentality of everyone who is against the war.

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 25 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]530414[/snapback]</div>
    Certainly they're fringe, but in the scope of damage done to humanity, it's quite insignificant. Angst in what they're doing shouldn't even register compared to the outrage that we as humans should feel about the war in Iraq. How about we all agree to just pass a law against stupid war protesting while also banning unnecessary waging of war. The latter would obviate the former.

4. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw that vid too, and I thought the exact same thing.

Cool as a cucumber she was.

On a side note, I still find it hard to believe that she
    is still toeing the party line on Iraq.

Out of the entire administration, I originally expected
    hers to be the first voice of dissention. I wonder about
    her motivations.

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patrickindallas @ Oct 25 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]530500[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure you'll be able to read about it in her 10 million dollar advance memoirs.

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I was so expecting that second lady who they were forcefully removing to break out with a, "Don't Tase Me, Bro!" :lol:

Yep, good way to 'advance the cause' . . . for the other side.
    If you act unreasonably, you are perceived as being an unreasonable person.

7. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    so that includes our "elected" leaders? good, I hate the double standards for those in 'office'.

One person's unreasonable actions is another's passion.

I'd say we all could use a bit of passion in ending war.

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman @ Oct 26 2007, 07:51 AM) [snapback]530697[/snapback]</div>
    . . . and a lot more appropriate Taser shots, now that the police have been cleared in 'don't tase me bro' case . :lol:
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/...cleared-in.html

It's now open season on 'passionate' protesters. :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Or...one could simple obey, ignore, and learn to live with it, denying anything is wrong. We still have some...er...choices.

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman @ Oct 26 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]530809[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, we do still have some...er...choices . . . Like acting like an nice person, getting Tased, then telling your friends that you were happy it happened. :rolleyes:

the jail recorded two phone calls in which Meyer "appears to sound elated that the arrest has occurred and at one point states that he is happy this has happened."

In this case, we are not talking about reasonable dissent and protest, but a boob who got his five minutes of fame, flamed-up the 'the police are our enemy' crowd, and ended up doing more harm for 'the cause' . . . whatever it was that he was protesting.

REALLY . . . what was it that he was protesting???? :huh: :huh: :huh: He couldn't have done a better job if he was protesting the fact that "Don't Tase Me, Bro!" wasn't yet a household phrase. :rolleyes:

11. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Oct 26 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]530903[/snapback]</div>
    Rice is cool, but I think she pretty quickly assessed that there was no danger. The protester had her hands out and open, and she could see they were empty (except for the red paint). And they were in a secure area.

As for "Don't tase me, bro", people forget he was infringing on everyone else's rights at the event and was intending to attract attention to get his five minutes of fame. I've heard he had done similar things before, always with a buddy video taping it, and trying to provoke police or other security into "infringing". Like the idiot student who decided to wear a pc board with wires and a battery attached through the security check point at Logan Airport as "performance art", he ran into the very real consequences of acting like a jerk.

I once asked a criminal friend why he was so polite to everyone, saying please and thank you, yes sir and yes ma'am, and then stealing from them. He said it always paid to be nice to people because you never know when someone is having a bad day and will beat the crap out of you.

12. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Oct 26 2007, 02:42 AM) [snapback]530620[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah. As if reasonable discourse about peace will ever have an impact on the pro war crowd.

13. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patrickindallas @ Oct 25 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]530500[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed, and still waiting.

14. jimmylozza

jimmylozza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 27 2007, 01:29 AM) [snapback]531085[/snapback]</div>
    Peak Oil. Iraq was (is) not ultimately about WMDs, spreading democracy, greed, profit, etc, but rather about the survival of the energy-hungry American Way of Life. WMDs were used to gain public support. Profit was used to gain corporate support. Spreading Democracy was used to prop up public support. Without securing the oil fields of Iraq, in ten years we might all wake up to find ourselves in a bad remake of Road Warrior. Would we deserve it? Perhaps. As to the morality of the ends justifying the means, history will be the judge. We will all know soon enough I think.