1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Confused! 2009 Base vs Standard?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AJP, Dec 1, 2011.

1. AJP

AJP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm finding conflicting info out there. A dealership is selling a "2009 Package II". Is this a Base or Standard, or is there no way to tell without further specs?

Some info I've read says that the Base was only for rental fleets, that it was only called "Package 1", and that "Package 1" was optional on a Base. I believe the Base is "below" a Standard as far as features go but can someone please clarify what a Base vs Standard really is, and which one I am looking at?

Thank you!

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There were two trim lines: The Touring, and the non-Touring (which could be considered "standard.")

The Touring can be identified by the 16" wheels. The non-touring has 15" wheels.

For non-Touring, the option package progression is:

Base
    Package I
    Package II
    etc...., up to package VI.

For Touring models, the progression is:

Package II
    Package III
    ...up to Package VI.

The "Base" Prii are pretty rare but there are a few around. They don't have the smart-key system or rear-view camera.

Package II is pretty well-loaded. It adds Vehicle Stability Control to the features on the package I, which includes the smart-key system, rear-view camera, AM/FM/CD w/ 6 speakers & iPod connection, A/C, ABS, traction control, heated mirrors, etc.

1 person likes this.
  4. AJP

AJP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you so much!

5. fgoodyear

fgoodyear New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    When I bought mine in '07, there were only 2 designations. The standard and the touring. Within these designations, there were packages from 1 to 6, 6 being the top level of trim and 1 being plain jane. Never heard of the "base" Also, in certain parts of the US some packages weren't available with some designations. Such as, I could not get a Touring package 6 in the NY, NJ area even though it was offered in the brochure. I had to settle for a standard package 6. It was only $800 difference.... but not available.

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's because a 3rd designation was added in model year 08, after both of us bought our Priuses. See my post and the PDFs of the brouchures for 07 vs. 08 and 09. You'll see the extra model.

7. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My 2007 is a "base" model (no package designation). The main deletes being no AUX input on the stereo and no factory car alarm.