1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Confused By Dealer!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wegottallama, Apr 12, 2007.

1. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to Priuschat and good luck on buying the car. If I were you I'd find another dealer unless this one's giving you a really great price. If you believe everything a car salesman tells you I have a really nice bridge for a good price, available today.

I have had my 2005 since October 2004 in general on the highway at 65-70 mph I average 50 to 55 mpg.

2. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You will definetly get better mileage in a Prius that a Yaris. I have an 05 Prius and my dad has an 06 Yaris hatchback. I get around 42 to 45 MPG and he gets around 35 to 37 MPG.

What you have to balance is cost and size. The Prius is significantly larger than the Yaris, but then cost significantly more. (about $10,00 more).

If you need the size, get the Prius. If its strictly fuel economy and price driving your decision, (meaning the least expensive car possible) I'd have to go for the Yaris.

Don't think I'm knocking the Prius, I'm getting the Gen3 when it comes out. This is strictly a dollars analysis.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brick @ Apr 12 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]422254[/snapback]</div>
    Not by a long shot! How about the guy telling customers that the B on the shifter is for "battery" and you use it to avoid turning on the gas engine as much.

On topic: Salesdroid is wrong.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusJoelR @ Apr 13 2007, 07:37 AM) [snapback]422655[/snapback]</div>
    Noted, and thanks for replying in the wolves' den! There are some smart folks out there - I just never seem to run into one. The folks around here don't care what they're selling. Yesterday it was a Dodge, today it is a Prius. A car is a car, right? One hour of internet research has consistently netted me more (and certainly more accurate) info than any car salesman that I've yet met!

4. wegottallama

wegottallama New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tnthub @ Apr 13 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]422579[/snapback]</div>
    I was getting 30mpg, but it has been going down as she ages. I know it is time for new plugs and wires - that will help, but even 30mpg driving 120+ miles a day is expensive, not to mention the green factor. I have always driven high mpg cars. Had a Renault "Le Car" that got over 50mpg. and a long list of 35-40 mpg cars. I expected far better with the Miata.