1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

confusion about correct model # for cabin filter (2013 Prius)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by eidling, Dec 6, 2014.

1. eidling

eidling Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here is some information that might be helpful in reference to the "charcoal" filter for the Gen III Prius.

I purchased a new one this morning from Fred Haas Toyota. I paid full price rather than going across town to AutoNation to save $20

The filter fit perfectly, was as easy to change as the Gen II Prius is. Only real difference is the cover has a catch on it, and pivots where the Gen II doesn't...

The part # on the invoice reads as 87139-50100 Cost of filter with tax was $49.43

Part # on the box is identical. It is called "Element, Air Refiner".

I can't post pictures for some reason. Don't know what is going on with PC right now. Admins?

I am a smoker, so the carbon filter does help to keep the Prius smelling clean and odor free.

Ron (dorunron)

3. Eric34

Eric34 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    STP brand cabin air filter is the one on my car at the moment it is cheap and does the job. And it is just $10. See attached photo pls.

Attached Files:

#23 Eric34, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020