1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Conservative or Liberal?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Blue Prius Texan, Dec 25, 2010.

1. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    An argument can be made that not crapping in ones nest is not just a liberal value.:D

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    And yet the mainstream conservative position is to oppose controls on pollution, whether point source such as factories and power plants, or dispersed, such as automobiles.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    as a conservative minded person, both fiscally and socially, i am very disappointed in many of the positions of both major political parties and most minor ones. i don't feel as though my point of view has any representation in our government.:(

4. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "Conservative" is least cost, end use, or a person who thinks and acts long term. "Liberal" is least cost, first use, or a person who thinks and acts short term.

Using fewer resources and less fuel, over an extended period, while keeping cumulative cost down, is a conservative effort. This beaks down when people think they have to "upgrade" at every new tweak to the vehicle.