1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

consider this dealership in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Carnutt, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Bell rd. Toyota just received a shipment of several and are expecting more. The sales person I spoke to, "David" was very courteous and professional and tells me that they have decided not to sell any new Prius' over MSRP; i.e., they will sell for MSRP. I suspect that they would do better than that. Until they get in exactly what I'm looking for, I do not know if they will tack-on add-ons.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I can say that Avondale Toyota is not tacking on OR going over MSRP.

3. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four

I stopped at Avondale Toyota just to see if they had the 2010 in stock, to see it and "kick the tires", so to speak. They admitted they had at least one, but were very secretive and refused to even let me see it because it was apparently sold. (I didn't ask to drive it or even sit in it.)

I thought their behavior was quite bizarre and it left me with a negative vibe towards them:confused:.

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Being the customer with a sold car on the lot (past tense), I'd appreciate this - they respect that new owners don't want others drooling, driving, etc. While it may be a turn-off, I'm sure if you were on the other side of the fence, you'd appreciate it.

5. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I WOULD appreciate it if I was the one who bought it. But, since I wasn't the one, I did not appreciate not being able to just see it. They potentially lost a sale by their behavior :eek:.

6. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Carnutt, I apologize because it may have been my car. I specifically asked the sales manager not to let people get in or drive it.

By the way, my car came in on June 2nd at 2am. The sales manager called me at 8:15 am. He wanted me to pick up the car that day to avoid having to literally stand guard over it. He drove 45 minutes to pick me up that day at 10 am.

I appreciate their vigilance. Some people would ask to see it. Then they want to get in and fuss with the settings. Then someone absent-mindedly leans against car and scratches it with their belt buckle. All sorts of silly things could happen. They knew they had a fussy buyer (me) and wanted a smooth transaction. That's just the type of folks they are.

Likewise, if you do business from, then you can expect the same treatment.

By the way, we purchased our 2002 Sequoia from the Bell Road Toyota Internet manager. I was very satisfied with the purchase and overall transaction.

Again, I'm sorry for your inconvenience and disappointment.

7. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Enjoy the car.:cool:

8. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you. We like the car a great deal.

I hope that you've found yours!

9. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Awesome to see some 2010's on the road. I'm really looking forward to the plug-in prius hitting the roads.