1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering 2013 Prius v Five

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Normscoffee, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Normscoffee

Normscoffee New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello,

I hope this is in the right place. If not, I apologize.

I am considering purchasing a new 2013 Prius v five and have two main questions.

1. I know that there have been some cash back incentives out west for the v this month. I live in Florida. Should I just wait until next month when the incentives are likely to come my way or will Toyota likely just leave the incentives out west and leave prices alone on the east?

2. I know the 2014 is going to be a limited run model with the 2015s being completely redesigned. I am not in NEED of a new car. I have a perfectly fine Toyota Corolla and just need more space. Have there been any rumors of the 2015 v and what will be different? Have previous generation prius' jumped in technology with each redesign or has it been a more gradual improvement?

Thanks so much for any and all help.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    1) Southeast Toyota Distributors is independent of Toyota.
    Southeast Toyota Distributors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Should you want some west coast action, Dianne Whitmire of Carson Toyota will ship you a car.
    Dianne's SoCal September 2013 Prius family deals on c, v, Liftback and PlugIns! And, EVs! | PriusChat

2) Then you know more than I do. This is the first generation of v but the liftbacks have gained about 5 MPG per generation.

While I have you here, this is my 'drivers who should not own a Prius' post, mostly aimed at Gen 2.
    considering a Prius | PriusChat
    I am on my second Prius and loved both of them, but the unhappy owners I meet seem to have these issues.

3. Normscoffee

Normscoffee New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the info. I knew Southeast had their own distributor but didn't realize that it was run nearly independently of Toyota. That might actually make it worth looking west for the car. We'll see.

Also, thanks for your list of people who shouldn't own a prius. I read it over and still think it is the right car for me. My commute is about 15 - 20 minutes so I should be able to get some savings. Most importantly, there isn't a ton of difference in price between this and other wagons, so why not go for the savings.

Thanks again for the help and if anyone else has any additional comments, I'd love to hear them.