1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering 2016 Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by priusmatty, May 22, 2016.

1. priusmatty

priusmatty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. I am considering purchasing a new Prius C. I wanted to ask your opinions, and to ask you which level (One, Two, etc.) I should get.

What I want is an inexpensive hybrid car with great gas mileage, that can hold a fair amount of cargo, and will be reliable and not wear out for many years.

Thanks!

bisco likes this.
  2. Richard Carter

Richard Carter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hello PriusMatty,

I personally own a 2015 Prius C (3). I believe it has plenty of cargo hold for myself and my wife for our weekly trips to Costco/Ranch 99 (bringing back a full cart). I travel about 150 miles per day during a normal commute and average 55-60mpg. (I have done over 20,000 miles so far and it still ruins great).

I believe the Model 2 is fine, unless you want luxury like I did (heated seats, sunroof, backup camera).

Things to consider:

1. If you fold down the seats, you have much more storage (enough for a 55" TV and other equipment).

2. If you do not fold down the seats, then you have enough for about 10 full bags of groceries (3 boxes at costco).

3. Not a car for fast acceleration or stopping and then going up a hill. It takes me about 25-30 seconds to get to 60mph and then about another 10 to get to 70 when I need to. When going up hills, anticipate the climb and accelerate to as fast as you can legally go before hitting the hill, it will kill your mileage if you do not do this.

4. Do NOT put anything on the driver side passenger floor. There is a fan that cools the battery and lets the electric engine run, if it is blocked, then you will be lucky to get 20 mpg going downhill.

#2 Richard Carter, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    PointCounterPt and bisco like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! c is a great choice, but at the same time, i'd check out new 2015 and 2016 lift backs. they are selling for incredible prices, get close or better mpg and hold even more. it's worth a look. package really depends on what options you are personally interested in. i always buy the lowest package and add things as i need and can afford them. all the best!(y)

4. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I looked at the "C" and went for the liftback Two. Very happy with it. The difference in cost was about $4000. I got half of that back by peddling my trade as a private sale.

5. priusmatty

priusmatty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Thanks all for the good advice!

6. itsme2me

itsme2me New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    Hi All -

I just started shopping for 2016 Prius C. Can anyone let me know what is the best price to look out for in the state of Virginia. Thanks for your help