1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering a Window tint

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Prius The First, Mar 31, 2007.

1. rsauermann

rsauermann New Member

$120 for 20% all around (shhhh...illegal) and Limo Tint (think its 5%) on back. Works great for kiddo sitting in back, no longer need a sunshade, plus with the reverse camera, do you really 'need' to look out the back...hehe. Got a guy up in Dallas that has done all my cars for around that price w/ lifetime guarantees. He used to work for car dealerships until he realized he could make a better living on his own.

2. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 11 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]421769[/snapback]</div>
    3M Tint is probably the best if you can find it as it is very expensive. Try the Llumar tint which is 99% as good as the 3M and a whole lot less expensive and also carries a lifetime warranty. It is available here in the Daytona Florida area at Daytona Toyota

3. berinker

berinker New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I had the five rear windows tinted limo black
    for privacy when sleeping in back (camping)
    $140. With the front seats up no one can see
    in the back. One strange phenomenon with the
    Prius though; they didn't tint the lower hatch
    back window since it already had a light tint.
    The problem was that when the sun shown
    from the rear it would reflect off the shelf in
    front of the lower window and reflect a bright
    bar up onto the upper hatch window. Looking
    in the rear view mirror it was impossible to see
    anything but the bright bar reflection and not
    the traffic behind. So I had them tint the lower
    window $10 as well - and everything works fine.
    The car is much cooler sitting in the sun and
    really looks slick since the tint matches the
    black trim. The 2004 is a dark greenish gray.

4. the schwenkster

the schwenkster New Member

160 for all the windows(including the small guys) and a strip across the top of the windshield with lifetime warrenty.

5. justincase111

justincase111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    $120 35% tint. Lifetime warranty from a local truck accessory shop. Street legal tint here in Georgia.

6. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an appointment on the 27th to have mine done 17% all the way around. I think he said he would do it 17/20 or something like that. I said I wanted it same all around this time, because I have been diagnosed with "photophobia" or something. All I know is if the ambient lighting gets very bright, I am blinded. So I am going to get a medical waiver and put up with (most likely) getting pulled over a few times. I never did get pulled over before, and had something dark in the back, and lighter in the front. I don't remember exactly what it was. I am just worried that 17% tint would be crazy dark. Has anyone had it done? I am curious as to how bad this will be.

7. bbuck7777

bbuck7777 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: Considering a Window tint (HELP)

Had mine tinted with 40 front & 30 rear by dealer that I've used before and had good luck with.

I'm having some problems seeing clearly out of the rear hatch window. I can't figure out if it is a bad install or the design of the rear window? It is like there are waves. Maybe from the rear defrost lines? :confused:At night the headlights are like quadrupled up and down. It makes it look like there are multiple cars coming from behind.

Does anyone else have this problem? I need to decide whether to take it back or not ASAP!

Thanks for any replies.

8. GatorJZ

GatorJZ Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you go to the professional window tinting forums you will find that 3M is not a very highly regarded line for this particular product.

9. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What is a good percent to use for the windshield banner?:flame: