1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

considering buying a 2005, what should I be concerned about?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by catteau, Jul 10, 2012.

1. catteau

catteau New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm looking at a 2005 Prius with 119k kilometers on it. I'm not mechanical, so I'm planning to take it to the local dealer to inspect, and make sure it's a reasonable car.

I'm looking for any suggestions of specific things I should ask about. I'm a bit concerned about battery life - do they degrade gradually, and is there a way to tell how far along they might be in that process? What form does the information take that the dealer might have about that? E.g. is there some kind of scored indicator, or codes, or whatever - just trying to get a sense, so that I'll know how to interpret what they might tell me.

What else should I be concerned about? What will they usually check for on such an inspection?

I've been reading up on this forum and on other websites, and I'm happy to read more if you can direct me to specific queries or websites. I did read a detailed one on this site (by Seilert?) on replacing batteries and problems in hot vs. cold places (I'm in Canada). Very helpful, thank you.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!