1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering buying my 1st prius (Prius C), Need help.

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by MarkOlin, Apr 16, 2013.

1. MarkOlin

MarkOlin Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I just sold my Honda CRV. I'm looking for new car. I don't need anything big. Its a car I would drive to work everyday and maybe a few small trips. I love the Prius liftback but dont think I can fit it into my budget. So, now I'm looking at the Prius C, maybe a one or two. I have a few questions for current owners:
    - What is a good price for a level "Two". I'm getting prices in the $20.4k range.
    - I live in the north-east. How is the car in the winter? (driving the snow, rough roads with lots of potholes, road salt.......)
    - How is the car on the highway? I dont do a lot of highway travel but do take a few 3 hours trips per year.
    - Disclaimer: Please dont take offense to this comment/question: I test drove the Prius liftback and then jumped in the C. The C seemed a bit cheap in comparison. I was a little concerned on how it would hold up in 7-10 years down the road. Any comments?
    - Any feedback would greatly appreciate.
    Thanks

2. Jake123

Jake123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I got a 2013 "Two" about a month ago. Where in the Northeast are you? I got mine from Toyota of Nashua for $18,610 ($17,610 with the $1,000 recent college grad rebate), which came out to just over $20k including taxes, title, registration, fees, and financing (2.99% with $3k down).

I haven't driven it in the winter but it seems to do fine so far with potholes. I avoid the really big ones though.

I love how it drives on the highway. Of course my last car was an '89 without cruise control, so the Prius C is quieter and more comfortable to me.

I'm guessing the cheapness is due to weight savings?

3. PriusC.Owner

PriusC.Owner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Greetings, I bought a Prius C II a couple of months ago. If you don't need a big car, it's definitely worth checking out. I'm in Long Island, NY. Thus far, the Prius C has done reasonably well in snow. NYC potholes are no fun.
    There are other posts on this topic with price info (very helpful):
    C 3 Good Price? | PriusChat
    How Much For a C2? | PriusChat

Good luck!

4. RAL

RAL Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My wife drove a 99 CR-v for 10 years, great rigs. We just got a Prius to put in the daily driver slot. We looked at the C and while it is pretty impressive it was a bit of a step down from the CR-V. We ended up getting a lightly used (36 miles on the dealership shop loaner car) Prius 3 for not much more than a level 2 C. Check out what is available used on the Prius.

RAL

5. allopatry

allopatry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    I've had my C (3) for a year now. I live in Upstate NY. I've had no complaints driving it in the snow this winter. This is my 2nd Prius model and the 3rd Toyota I've owned and all 3 have been far better in quality and reliability than the other brands I've owned (American, Japanese, Korean). It does have a less refined feel than the Prius liftback and with a smaller wheelbase the ride is not quite as smooth as the larger Prius models. That being said I love the handling of the C much better than my previous Prius and I love driving it. I would mention that on my previous Toyotas, I had zero repair costs and the only money spent was on gas, maintenance and tires. I drive about equal amounts of highway and city and the mileage (even in winter) is better than any hybrid out there. My old Prius I sold to a friend. It has no rust (2004 Model ,owned 8 years) and almost 200,000 miles on it.