1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering leaving TDi for Prius......

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Hip001, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Hip001

Hip001 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you so much for all the info. I was just a casual Prius admirer till now and am trying to process all the info. We just found out the the TDI not only dropped a valve, it also holed the piston so repair is not likely gonna be something cost effective. I may go drive the 2017 Prius today while the wife is at work so i can get a handle on the differences. May also look at the Rav4 hybrid (if the have one) cause she has mentioned suv a few times. My wife is currently driving my 1997 F150 getting 17mpg. Being use to the 40+ mpg in the TDI, im sure she would love the mpg in a Prius. Again, Thank You all so much for replies!!!

RCO likes this.
  2. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sitting in the waiting room at the Toyota dealership right now (getting the reverse beep turned off.. thank God!) and just checked out the Avalon hybrid. Beautiful car! Smells like a Lexus inside too!

RCO likes this.
  3. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yeah but service is MUCH more expensive and it just doesn't handle as well as the Prius Plug-in (at least in 2012). I was frankly stunned by the difference between the two cars and came away with the feeling that the Prius was a much better car than the Lexus CT2500h, and a much better price, and HOV sticker, and incentives!
    Depending on how big your dogs are, I would take a serious look at the Prius Prime Advanced. You may find your dream car here.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

RCO likes this.