1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

console cleaners and protectors

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dk_brookdale, Feb 5, 2012.

1. dk_brookdale

dk_brookdale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just checking with other members what cleaners and protectors are being used on the dashboard and console and other plastic areas of the Prius interior. In previous cars I have used Armor All. This has worked OK but it has a glossy appearance. I'd rather use something with a flat or matte appearance. Suggestions?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I love Griots Garage products for interior. Here is an interior kit they have:

Interior Kit - Interior Detailing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

And Zaino products for paint protection:

Zaino Store

Griots can be a little more $$ than other stuff but you can get gallon refill sizes once you have the small bottles to save and they offer and stand by their lifetime gaurantee. I have used it a few times and they issued me replacements on products that were 10 years old.

1 person likes this.
  3. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I agree, Griot's Garage products are top notch. I also use Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant for all the interior plastic, available everywhere. Apply then buff with a clean cloth, looks great, not too shiny.

1 person likes this.
  4. Osteoblast

Osteoblast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had a car detailing business for years and loathe ANY 'protectant' on interior surfaces. I switched to a damp cloth with a mist of cleaner on it and have never looked back Give me a dry, dustfree surface any day!

Tip: Hold your vacuum nozzle up close to a 1" china bristle paintbrush and brush your dash for that 'clean room' look....

1 person likes this.
  5. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Its very versatile and you can use it for multiple types of surfaces. I use it for both the interior and exterior trim. They say you can use the 303 on tires as well but havent tried that yet. I know many detailers and car enthusiasts who all swear by the stuff for long term protection. I highly recommend it. Doesnt leave the glossy look if you follow the directions. I also highly recommend you stay away from some of the Armor All stuff since long term use on consoles has had bad consequences.

6. swg

swg 12 Prius / 13 Volt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Totally agree on the 303, it is great stuff!! Not for tires though, tends to brown up over time.