1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Constant beep even while off after pop sound from rear brake

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Scott k, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Scott k

Scott k New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I had to replace my front rotors. Did that. Then bled all for brakes. After driving a little while with not normal feeling brakes, i had to push hard on the brake pedal, and a loud pop came from the rear driver side brake area. Also a constant beep began happening which cintinues to beep even with the car off. Shortly after, smoke started coming from my rear tire. I had to pull over and let it cool down. Then I tried releasing some pressure from the valve which only allowed me to drive without the tire smoking. However I have barely any brakes now. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Holy moley. So you just bled brakes like a regular Corolla or VW??? Or did you use the method from the forums here? The smoke was probably from dragging rear shoes.whick mite have ruined that set of shoes. Working on fronts I'd left rears alone . Left brake fluid alone initially. Till I got it back to regular braking . The front and rear brakes aren't connected per se or for this operation . Get the smoked side apart first . See how badly burnt shoes are .. shoes are rear pads .

3. Scott k

Scott k New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ya the only reason I had to bleed them is because when changing the front rotors the piston was stuck and we had to take it off which also undid the valve so I was told I had to bleed them. And I bled them according to a video on prius bleeding but without the actual electronic thing.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    In the correct instructions you were supposed to take a relay out of the front fuse box I can't remember if that's for bleeding the back or the front but you did both so at some point there should have been the relay taken out of the front fuse box and then you crack a bleed screw and watch air then fluid then air then fluid or something till it's solid fluid close the bleeder look at the reservoir and route to the other bleeder on the other side of the car Make sure it's topped off do the same to the other side till it's solid fluid no air check the reservoir again coming up and there you go The back should have been done first generally start from the furthest away and work to the closest I lost those instructions but if it wasn't done that way then there may be problems.