1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumer Objections to EVs

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Aug 10, 2016.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: 6 Consumer Objections To Electric Cars – Answered
    1. Too Expensive?
    2. Exchanging Gas For Batteries May Not Be Good?
    3. Not Really Green?
    4. Range is Not Enough?
    5. Nowhere To Charge?
    About the last one, "Nowhere To Charge," this week I'm trying to drive by using 'free' chargers. The closest one to the house, no longer charges when I tested it a 2 PM. OK, it had looked broke but still charged. Someone finally figured out how to turn it off (aka., Blink.)

The next two at Whole Foods were turned off when I was there at midnight. Ok, that also makes sense. I will need to map out the charger hours which probably are linked to their business hours. No big deal but not previously known by their staff.

The two at Bridgestreet, 10 miles away, were up and working. The shopping center has a bar and grill open to 2 AM so this makes sense. The SOC rose from ~58% to 92.5% when I finally left for home. I did take the dogs for a walk to another shopping area, a 12 minute walk. By the time I got home, the SOC was 87%.

Bob Wilson