1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumer Reports magazine - Prius Prime listed in their top 10

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by GKL, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yap, regular Prius under Hybrid category, but it maybe inclusive of Prius PRIME since the article mentions PRIME to be better alternative to regular Prius.
    10 Top Picks of 2020: Best Cars of the Year - Consumer Reports

#21 Salamander_King, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    GKL likes this.
  2. GKL

GKL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    You got me wondering so I doubled checked, and I can see how at first glance it might seem that way, but unless I am misunderstanding how they present things, it looks like the Prime is included.
    CR_top_10_Prius_Prime.jpg

Gokhan likes this.
  3. GKL

GKL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I was in the process of writing my post when you posted yours so I didn't see your post until I posted mine, but you seem to have to come to the same basic conclusion.

Gokhan and Salamander_King like this.
  4. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes, I hadn't looked into what they said about the Prius, and I see now -- they treated Prius and Prius Prime to be the different trims of the same model.

Also, in real life situations, the Prius Prime probably gets better gas mileage due to more flexibility with the battery, not to mention the 30-mile EV driving. The design of the headlights and taillights is also far superior for the Prius Prime than for the regular Prius. To me it's without question that the Prius Prime is a better car than the regular Prius, and given the rebates and incentives, it's a cheaper car to own. I think the reason why people prefer the regular Prius is the lower out-of-the-door costs and the fear of a battery breakdown for an EV.

GKL likes this.