1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumer Reports says the Prius c is the most reliable car of ALL!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by TC400, Oct 29, 2012.

1. brucepmiller

brucepmiller Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Driving in the dark down a curvy road peppered with small hills on my way to a morning meeting I had Neil Young's Psychedelic Pill streaming from my phone and it occurred to me that the C reminded me a lot of my 2005 BMW 325xi. Not the 07 coupe with awful run-flats that I traded in for the C, but the '05. CR says the C is slow, noisy and un-fun, a cheap car with an expensive power train, but with Neil and Crazy Horse in the foreground and the gas pedal near the floor, the CVT brought to mind the classic throaty BMW sound, the cabin size was the same, the acceleration quick and the handling sprightly. All that and over 50 MPG! What's not to like?

RocMills likes this.
  2. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

I live in Bolingbrook Il but I work over 20 miles of city driving away so I see lots of car . . . Of all kinds . . . For an hour. . . Each way. . . 6 days a week . . . Hate my drive lol

3. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm not to far form pittsburgh while I see quite of few Priuses not a lot of cs. They haven't caught on here yet. I drive 15 miles each way to work it was starting to hurt with a 99 GMC Jimmy getting 16 mpg lol

4. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I've been seeing more & more C's on the road but none with "rice-rocket" mods found in the forum - whole bunch with roof racks for bikes & boards. I'm estimating I see a 10 to 1 ratio of the Gen 3 Prius vs the C. Back when I picked up my C5 the cost was the price of a Prius Three, with a Prius Five close to $30K.

Great to see CR getting bitch slapped by their readers.