1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

contextweb.com is breaking the site

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by ChapmanF, Sep 27, 2012.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Starting last night the loading of any PC page has frozen for me with my browser status showing 'waiting for tag.contextweb.com'. Yesterday I could usually get a page to load by canceling and refreshing a few times, but last night it was getting worse. I made it usable last night by installing AdBlock on my browser at home. I'm on a different browser now, just making it work by disabling JavaScript entirely (but now I have to remember bbcodes instead of using the javascripted format buttons).

I suppose the advertising services supply their own javascript that they insist you run on the site without any changes. But something here isn't reasonable. I understand the value of advertising support, but it's not reasonable for the advertising javascript to be written with no failsafe behavior. If it were my site I would be leaning on the contextweb folks to write their javascript in such a way that when they can't get their act together and keep their system working, PriusChat still works without them until they fix their problem.

-Chap

2. skwcrj

skwcrj Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The forum is still really slooooooowwwww....

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, I posted about this a few times in another thread.

Hoping Danny can do something about it.

4. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Amen, brother.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Aware of the issue, as is ContextWeb. They are having issues with their servers, and I'm trying to move everything over to DoubleClick so that everything will failsafe over to either other ad networks or no ads at all.

Sorry!