1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Contrasting colored door edge protector

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by DumbMike, Oct 22, 2015.

1. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not sure that's what they're called. But I saw a dark grey Prius which had silver/chrome door edge protectors, going down the road. It was very distinct and caught my eye due to the contrast. Just not sure I liked it. So it looks like there is a verticle stripe at the edge of each of the doors. Sorry, no pictures as it went by too fast.

Mike

2. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    These are being sold again, I have seen the door edge protectors available is different colors. They used to be popular in the 80's, I guess they are coming back in fashion. Its not my thing, but if you like it, go for it!

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    When applied properly and contrasting color, the door edge protectors are a pretty slick
    My door edges would be fill with dents and paint chips with out these; and the best of all, it is a cheap investment
    NOW, if you " wana Blinggg", it's another story

4. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those edge protectors (that's a good name for them) are essential for me. I have a tight parking space in my garage and bang my door on some wood that is close by. Luckily I have enough space between cars at the office.

Mike

5. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My edge protectors are the same color as the car, so you don't know that they exist. But back in the 80s, they were usually a contrasting color and very thick, so they were part of the design. I didn't like them back then (probably for that reason), but with the matching color, I think they are essential. At least for me they are essential.

Mike