1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Converting Base console to Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by KelleyLafitte, Mar 8, 2016.

1. KelleyLafitte

KelleyLafitte New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm wondering if anyone has converted a base model console to one with Bluetooth connectivity. Currently, I'm using an AUX BT receiver that is driving me nuts and I'd rather just have the thing switched out, but looking at the forums here I'm noticing a distinct lack of threads about it, so I'm not all that hopeful that it'll be possible.

If that were the case, would there be a unit that would install cleanly and have the same functionality as the factory unit? Climate, trip, and audio buttons, etc., still working as normal?

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    if you install an aftermarket head unit, there are a couple adapters and harnesses you will need, but everything will work if you do it right. you will need a metra axxess for your steering wheel buttons to work. contact crutchfield.com and they can hook you up with everything you need.