1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Converting the iPod interface to aux

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Elad Nava, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Elad Nava

Elad Nava New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello fellow Prius owners :)

I'm wondering about the iPod inteface in the 2009 Prius. I have a european model which does not have an Aux input in the middle compartment (only a 12v DC output), but it does have the iPod interface cable in the glove compartment.

I've been able to listen to music via a friend's iPhone 4S with this cable. However, I have an Android device and I'd like to be able to do the same with it.

I've found this cable on eBay which converts the 30-pin male iPod connector to an aux-in

Does anyone know if this kind of contraption will work? Has anyone tried it?

By the way, I have tried using an FM transmitter but unfortunately where I live there are no free channels, and also it adds a lot of static noise.

Thanks! :)

2. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Its possible. The ipod connector has audio lines, so an adapter should work as long as the ipod is what is playing the music, not the stereo reading the files off the ipod and playing them itself (I have no idea which way it would work, but using the audio lines seems more likely). I'm guessing the adapter is pretty cheap, I would say its worth a shot.

3. Elad Nava

Elad Nava New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for your response!

I bought it, will try when it arrives and let you know :)

4. Elad Nava

Elad Nava New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It works! :)

I was really shocked that it just worked. It converted the iPod interface in my 2009 Prius to an auxiliary input, and it works great and sounds great!

I really recommend that item for anyone who has an Android and wants to listen to music via their car speakers.