1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cool Chicks with Black Priuses/Prii

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Linny, Mar 31, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Autosmiler @ Aug 22 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]307975[/snapback]</div>
    Heh, I was expecting some sh*t from Rancid but nooooooooooo. Sheesh :lol:

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got away with saying 'black prius chicks' until Rufaro came along. Just you wait 'til her caffeine kicks in! :D

3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Aug 23 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]308387[/snapback]</div>
    Nope. I was CHOOSING to ignore that one! :p

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Aug 23 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]308381[/snapback]</div>
    Jack, jack, jack...::shaking head:: For shame!! :lol: I got nothin'.

5. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Apparently I must look like I'm in the stupid young girl in Black Prius club...b/c the guy at the dealer just tried to convince me that the oil was only high on one side of the dipstick....after 3 times of telling him he was wrong he finally went back and drained some out...magically it's now right at full :) And I'll be noting that he doesn't get to touch my car again the next time I'm in. If he can't read a dipstick...hands off my baby!

It's magic how pulling it in the shop made it drop half an inch....

I did appreciate the service writer's attitude...I told them they overfilled it and he immediately pulled up to see who did it so the guy had to correct his own mistake. Next time I don't pull out of the lot before checking the level.

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hmm. annoying. :angry:

1. go in there looking and acting like one tough chick. i apparently have this aura of do-not-f*&%-with-me or something, it works well. ;)
    2. be blunt and somewhat sarcastic if needed. "yeah... you see that full line? you see how the oil goes above that full line? that's not supposed to happen if you do it right. thanks."

7. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HokieHybrid @ Aug 23 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]308502[/snapback]</div>
    The guy's an idiot! Sounds like he's a dipstick...

My hubby and I were about to drive out of the Honda service bay last week when he took his Accord in to get serviced. Because the service tech said something about not knowing if he had some part that was needed for the 4-cyl engine...Um, it doesn't take a genius to either look under the hood or look at the rear emblem on the car to know that it's a V6. :rolleyes:

8. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HokieHybrid @ Aug 23 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]308502[/snapback]</div>
    They don't THINK that you're stupid...they just HOPE that you are.

It's ok, Ran, I was just doing a wordplay thing and expected to get busted for it but no biggie :)

9. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Aug 23 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]308525[/snapback]</div>
    I'm a bit slow these days when it comes to comebacks/witty responses unfortunately...I think they call it 'pregnancy brain'? I swore it wouldn't happen to me, but alas it has. I keep forgetting EVERYthing. Doh! :D

10. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Aug 23 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]308527[/snapback]</div>
    B) That's not a problem...it's an opportunity

11. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Aug 23 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]308527[/snapback]</div>
    don't worry J, it's happening to the postdoc in our lab too. it happens to everyone. blame it on the hormones. ;)

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HokieHybrid @ Aug 23 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]308502[/snapback]</div>

Only high on one side? Are you kidding? ("Fine. Show me the side where it's at the correct level."

I wouldn't bother with the three times. The minute he pulled the "it's only high on one side" thing I would instruct him to back away from the car, take his name, then go to the service manager, repeat the conversation, then tell him I am not an idiot and I don't want *insert stupid moron's name here* to ever touch my car again.

I'm like Galaxee. I go in and tell them what I want and it's "yes ma'am" no questions asked. When you make a request in a certain manner, I guess they assume you know what you're talking about. Either that or my service department has had it drilled in to them that the customer is always right. The only ever time I've gotten any feedback was about my tire pressure. I always say 42/40. Last time it was 42,42,40,36 and my mileage was wonky. One of their guys found and fixed the off tire. He told me it's customarily 36. I said I requested 42/40 and the tires can take it, I don't mind a rough ride.

I think they may have a note on my records from my very first oil change, when I pointed out it was overfilled and specified I only want 3 quarts. And no wash.

That's my mantra. 3 quarts only. No wash. Rotate and 42/40.

13. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    quick note here:

the oil reading can be higher on one side because the stick goes in at an angle and surface tension on the smaller angle side will pull oil up a bit.

they typically use the lower oil reading to determine oil level.

but there shouldn't be a huge difference, maybe 1/8 inch or so.

14. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Aug 23 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]308534[/snapback]</div>
    The BEST part about that excuse is they get REALLY scared of you...during pregnancies AND (peri)menopause...so you get to use it for LOTS of years, overall.... :wacko:

15. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Aug 23 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]308533[/snapback]</div>
    I consider it a problem...most days I feel like a blubbering idiot, LOL!! I must sound like Beavis & Butthead with all my, "Uhhhhh....", "Ummm...." and "Duhhhhh..." 's.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Aug 23 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]308534[/snapback]</div>
    It's good to hear that it causes even smart people to be stupid. :D

16. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Aug 24 2006, 09:20 AM) [snapback]308811[/snapback]</div>
    And the REALLY cool part is that you get to use the SAME excuse in about 25 years from now, when your hormones are doing OTHER dances...like the waltz...AND...you get cut slack on it for more than 9 months! (Tell DH to start making his own escape plans if you end up with a teen with newly highly rambunctious hormones and you start into menopause at the same time. Grown men WEEP at the thought! :eek:)

17. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Aug 27 2006, 02:46 AM) [snapback]310048[/snapback]</div>
    The WeePri Queen is right as always. B)

18. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pirateprius @ Aug 27 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]310326[/snapback]</div>
    OOOHHHHH!!!! It's OFFICIAL! It is in WRITING! I can print this out and SHOW it to them wot disagrees...frequently... :eek:

Think it'll work? :rolleyes:

Thanks PP!

19. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Aug 23 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]308632[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah....he was trying to convince me that it was a 1/2 inch off. I would not have been so confident in what I was saying if a) I hadn't checked it on two separate days in two different places before going in and B) I'm not blind.

I didn't graduate with a degree in engineering without dealing with a few guys who didn't think I was capable. The service writer took me seriously, but not the tech. And therefore the tech will be added to the does not touch my car list....but not the shop entirely, yet.

On a side note, apparently the dealer who sold me my Prius did not remember me so well as he claimed. I walked in with my parents to buy a new Camry for my mother today, and they made the crappiest offer I have seen in a long time. In stereo, Dad and I attacked it before it hit the desk. Him on the trade, me on the price of the new one. And mysteriously I pulled out the internet price of a competitor and the price for the new one dropped $1500+ (and to Dad's credit the trade went up $1500). When I went in to get my Prius I had three internet prices, and knew his stock better than he did...trying to bluff me when my father had already introduced me as his business manager...poor judgment. (I was the business manager, Mom was the color consultant...if only that blue came in the Prius!)

And yes I realize that last statement is treason on this board...I love my car...but in the color spectrum black would not have been my first choice. Out of the Prius colors this year...definitely first.

20. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm with you. Call me a traitor to my chickdom but if the Prius had come in that fabulous dark blue ribbon color that would have been my first choice....with a gray interior.

I'm hoping that will be an option when the 2009 redesign comes out. Then I'll be jumping ship to the True Blue Prius Chicks.

With deep blue a non-option....Black becomes the color that totally rules.