1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coolant Line Leak - Help Identifying Part #

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by yellowpaper, Oct 1, 2021.

1. yellowpaper

yellowpaper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, all! I was checking my oil level today on my 2012 Toyota Prius and discovered a small pink-colored coolant leak at the fitting where coolant lines connect. Can anyone help me identify the part numbers for the fittings and hoses?

Is this an easy DIY replacement and coolant top-up, or is this system pressurized and I'll end up with coolant everywhere? Is it best practice to replace the hoses at the same time as the leaky fitting?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    With the car parked and cooled down, there should be no difficulty. You won't even loose much coolant from that particular hose, which is only used for circulating bubbles back to the top of the reservoir to keep them out of circulation.

I noticed in your photos that there is a hose clamp on each of the two hoses coming to that fitting from amidships, but no clamp on the hose that leads from it to the reservoir.

That's confirmed in the diagram: there isn't a clamp used there. That's because the little Y fitting and that last leg of hose are sold as a single part (16264D in the picture). They probably permanently stick that hose on that end of the fitting. Maybe somebody took yours off for some reason?

[​IMG]

For some reason, the US catalog shows two different part numbers possible for 16264D:

1626437060 - Hose, water by-pass, no. 2. Engine - Genuine Toyota Part

1626437080 - Hose, water by-pass, no. 2. Engine - Genuine Toyota Part

I can't see any indication of how one is different from the other, but one is six dollars more.

I am not sure if the part numbers would be identical in "UTC" though.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah a few years back there was some (inconclusive) discussion about why there's no clamp there. You might be right, that there's a bonding agent of some sort in the connection.