1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coolant Mixing concerns on recent coolant flush

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Cvmillemve, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Cvmillemve

Cvmillemve New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota dealer added 2 MOC products with Toyota Super LL with coolant flush. Manual doesnt mention use or need of additional additives but says use TSLL or equivalent ONLY. Products were Cool Off AND Cooling system Multitreatment. They are 12 ounce bottles, supposed to clean, lubricate, condition and act as rust protectants etc. Called other toyota dealers and shops in area, none use, say it unecessary and a few said can hurt car but didnt clarify.
    Has anyone heard of or used such additives? Any potential problems? Should I ask dealer to drain and redo with TSLL only? Should I have them look for potential problem areas caused by this; if so what areas should i have them investigate. (Noticed Cool Off says on the bottle it eliminates need to use 2 or 3 other products so not sure why they used the other MOC product)

Meg&Bear likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's probably fine, but i would call toyota corporate and double check