1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CoolantValve Replaced... Stuck in Maintenance Mode?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CrystaLex09, Mar 29, 2021.

1. CrystaLex09

CrystaLex09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Help with diagnostics on 09:

-Replaced coolant flow valve and bled system via jumping storage tank relay
    -When to put it into maintenance mode to continue bleeding, and battery was drained (I didn't know).
    - It had just enough life for me to go through the steps to put it into maintenance mode, and then died.
    -It would not take a jump so I charged it. It held the a charge overnight. Battery still reading 12.36 volts at rest.

PROBLEM: Car will not start when brake pedal is depressed. The cluster panel will light but will not go into "Ready" mode. The MFD will light and display a red car icon with "!". Almost as if it's stuck in Maintenance Mode.

What I TRIED:
    -I cannot get any codes off of it with my OBDll scanner.
    -Did a hard reset... Disconnected 12v and battery pack for 20 mins to no avail.

Could this be the results of a very weak 12 volt battery even though it's holding a charge? This battery has needed several jumps over the four years that I've owned the car. Or am I possibly looking at something more serious?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Not all OBD2 scanners are Toyota hybrid compatible, which OBD2 device/app are you using to read the codes (DTCs) ?