1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cooper CS5 vs Hankook Milage Plus II

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Noobprius, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Noobprius

Noobprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry about all the posts I have done. I am just new to the whole prius thing, and I want to make mine last. Anyways, I have narrowed down my search for new tires down to these two. I don't see too much of a difference in between the two. If you guys could have any input, that would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    There's 3 CS5 types and I can't seem to find the model Hankook's you are looking at. In the end, it's going to boil down to price, mileage warranty and ride quality which can be highly subjective.

Myself, I am running Ecopia II's and they are fine for the job. For me at least.

3. Noobprius

Noobprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The CS5 are the grand touring ones. And the Hankook might be called just the H725, but not the optima ones (idk why they have two tires with the same name...) they both have the same tread warranty and only 2 dollar difference between the two tires. I live in missouri, so we have drastic changes in temperature, so I need a tire that focuses a bit more on grip, but still has decent grip. These tires seem to fit the bill. I can really afford the higher end tires like the Continental True contacts or ecopias, since my tire provider would put nitrogen in my tires to help.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.