1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Corolla Hybrid - Change my mind

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by farmecologist, Feb 27, 2019.

1. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Aside from the fact the Prime may be the cheaper choice, the larger battery in the Prime can't be stressed enough. It would be great for road tripping in the mountains in such! Of course for me that would only mean at most a couple weeks a year though. (y) The AWD models of the Prius and RAV4 are serious contenders too..but I'm one of those weirdos that think AWD isn't necessary...even in a bad climate like up here in MN. Heck, back in the day we used to drive rear wheel drive cars during the winter...and we liked it! :D

The fact that there are so many choices these days is both a good and bad problem to have. It wasn't so long ago that the Prius was the *only* choice.

Tideland Prius and john1701a like this.
  2. run2w8s

run2w8s Junior Member

One big reason to consider the 2020 corolla hybrid sedan is the great compatibility with software called Openpilot. This software replaces and MUCH improves the Lane keeping and Radar Cruise control features that come standard. Giving you Hands free driving. It works extremely well on the 2019 and newer Corolla hatchback also. These cars have Toyota safety sense (TSS) 2.0. 2.0 is a big step up from TSS 1.0 on Prius.
    The hardware to use open pilot is available At comma.ai on the web and costs $1200. Openpilot works on the Prius with some limitations.

3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are no systems with that feature legal for driving on US roads. Neither the Prius nor the Corolla can be considered off-road vehicles.