1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Correct part number for front struts?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by elementnomore, Dec 14, 2019.

1. elementnomore

elementnomore Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dear Prius Chat,

I’m holding off on a prime and focusing on replacing my front / rear struts and keeping it going for a while. Going back and forth about complete kyb vs oem Toyota units I’m ordering Toyota units + oem springs. Car is a 2012 package IV with a sunroof. There seems to be 3 total part numbers for a right strut and 3 for left. My car has 15” wheels and when I provided Oathe Toyota my Vin they replied with a part number that showed w/17 wheels. UG. Any help would be appreciated. I can post my vin if needed or PM me. I couldn’t find where to measure ride height and springs ‘can’ wear out and I figure for $110 be safe and order them as I do scrap the front in Los Angeles now and again. One last thing, I took the front left wheel off today and didn’t see a part number on the strut in the wheel well area, I’m not sure where it’s located. Thanks!

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Kyb struts are good as for springs, they will last the life of your car