1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Corroded terminals, bus bars, and voltage sensor wire harness

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Matthew Holloway, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Matthew Holloway

Matthew Holloway New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Great that sounds perfect. I'll order the fuse and stuff for the harness.

2. Matthew Holloway

Matthew Holloway New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III

Hell yeah! That would be perfect. I'll keep in touch.
    I'n the meantime I'll order the inline fuse etc. I think I can handle the harness. Thanks

3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    For anyone looking to refurbish their HV battery, trying to clean the old used bus bars is a cheap way to get back on the road, however the issue will come back.

Might as well get a new set of nickel plated bus bars and nuts.

There is a website that has come up with a better bus bar kit.

Acenbay.com check them out and save 10% using promo code azusa.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yes I think we've been through the special sized larger flanged nuts there are several manufacturers that make them etc The bus bars coming a few flavors also nickel plated copper some other hard metal over copper etc making sure they're new and clean like tumbled and a tumbler with the proper abrasive and then maybe sprayed after the batteries assembled I used a red spray similar to the CRC battery spray to light coats made sure I had good coverage I've looked back in there twice now and everything is nice and red and you can see it very quickly so I'm waiting for that to fade and for the frosting to start on the nuts so far so good It's been almost a year. But every other Prius that I've looked at under the battery hood has looked pretty bad everyone I've seen been about 10 and when I go to the junkyard when they call me and they tell me they've got the new Prius on the yard and I go there to take the car apart one of the first things I look at is the hybrid battery just to see how bad it looks make note of whether it looks like it's been replaced refurbished whatever and just file that away. But most that I see look horrible If they were mine I would have to take them out and immediately redo all the bus bars nuts spray everything etc because they look like that they shouldn't be working usually in that kind of scares me