1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cost for professional shop to install Dynamat in four doors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by John Milo, Apr 21, 2008.

1. John Milo

John Milo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Has anyone had Dynamat Extreme installed by a professional shop? I was quoted $350 by Tweeters to have the four doors done. I just don't know if that's a fair price or not. Thanks in advance.

2. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The Dynamat matrial for the door costs about $60/per two or $120 on the web. Taking the door apart and putting it in is about an hour job on each door. Actually, it was not that difficult. I'm not saying I'm a professional. I paid about $100 at time I did it and I'm very happy. You can see some pictures under my signature.

3. John Milo

John Milo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the quick reply. I called a Circuit City and they said it would take about 45 to 60 mins. a door @ $60 an hour plus material. I guess Tweeter is in the ballpark. I also wanted to ask you about the location of the Kenwood sub-woofer. I know that bass sound is non-directional but with the cover on the compartment can you still here the bass ok? Also, how is the bass affected by storing things on top of compartment? Thanks again for your help.

4. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Seems like the floors and firewall are a better choice.

5. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Seems like the floors and firewall are a better choice. This product is the same at a third the price.

B-Quiet sound deadening materials - B-Quiet Ultimate - Better than Dynamat!! brownbread