1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cost for turning noises off?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tenortodd, Aug 18, 2014.

1. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't find the incessant "beeping" to be too annoying, and I'd rather be reminded (just in case). I'd put intentionally disabling it right up there along with not using the signals to indicate my intentions ("…it ain't none of your damned business which direction I'm gonna turn!") but perhaps not in the same category as wearing a Tee-shirt with the seat-belt printed on it to avoid being stopped for not buckling up! I understand the sentiments (check out the motto of my home-state (New Hampster)) but there's also something called "common-sense" - Wil

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We wear our seatbelts too, but I want to hear when my brother-in-law doesn't, if I ever let him drive. Every time we take his Trailblazer, I hear the beeping and know he's not wearing his belt. I make him buckle up or I simply get out. Besides, since we always wear our belts, we never hear the beeping when we drive anyway so it doesn't bother us. :)

3. barbara lee

barbara lee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anyone know what the chime is for, not buzzer, not beep? Can't find it in any of the lit. We have 2010 hatchback V, love it. But in first 1/4 mile after start, we get 1 single chime. No light or other indicator. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#23 barbara lee, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  4. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I know one thing.

When I connected the Techstream software to my Prius"v," there is an opting screen that shows every programmable feature on the car and how it is set up at the present time.

I decided that it was convenient to have all the doors open, instead of the driver's only, when I grabbed the driver's door handle. All I did was to double click the all doors open box. Then it asked me to confirm in another box.

It was done. $25-$35 is an amazing price to pay for the mini-vci "mongoose cable clone and the Techstream software.

5. situationalawareness

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The only time I've ever heard that chime is when the fuel is really low.
    Anyone else have any thoughts?

6. jefftb

jefftb New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got the rear beep turned off no charge at my 5,000 mile checkup. It was a different dealership than where I bought car.